This exercise strengthens your entire body, but it is especially good for your core muscles and your upper body.
How To Do It:
- Begin in a plank position. Your arms should be directly under your shoulders and your body should be in a straight line. Engage your core muscles (pretend you are about to pull on a tight pair of jeans).
- Cross your right hand to the left (so that your right arm is crossed behind your left arm) as you step your left foot out to the left.
- Step your left hand and right foot to the left so that you return to a plank position.
- Take two more steps in this direction.
- Repeat going the other way.